Maybe they would not have lost it in the first place if they hadn’t:
- resorted to smears and petty name calling of those who disagree (“deniers”)
- fudged data to get their desired result (Hockey Stick)
- avoided providing background materials for independent checking (Hockey Stick again)
- avoided Freedom of Information requests by deleting emails (Climategate)
- ganged up on journals that dared publish materials challenging their precious consensus (Climategate again)
- dressed up political propaganda as impartial science (IPCC/Greenpeace, repeated occasions)
Don’t make me laugh, Anna-Maria Arabia.
UPDATE: Arabia has apparently received a “death threat” this morning – see here. I trust that it has been reported to the police.
UPDATE 2: Arabia was previously an adviser to Anthony Albanese and Kim Beazley, so there are obvious political motivations at work here.
UPDATE 3: Excellent comment on this post via Facebook:
As a real scientist I know respect must be EARNED.
These Climate pseudo-scientists are not entitled to respect. They must earn it by stopping the lies, half-truths, and deliberate politicization of their “research”.
They must perform real, verifiable work that meets the basic scientific principle that their work must be reproducible by ANY OTHER scientist who is competent in the field. They have failed that test, miserably.
Then they may begin to earn “respect”. Until then, all they deserve is contempt.